Thursday, December 07, 2006

Long Lasting Chevy Trucks

Calvin Vincent

North Dakota
Before 1980 Truck
2,001,000 Miles

Bought this truck new from Mayville Motor Co in Mayville, N.D. in 1978. I have used it in my construction business since then. This unit has pulled equipment on construction trailers and been a work horse for the past 28 years. The trans. was replaced once, the short block twice and the rear end is still original after 2 million miles. I still use it every day. I have had a long-lasting and rewarding experience with my Chevrolet. Thanks Chevy.



CHARLEY ANTON

Georgia
1995 Truck
1,020,066 Miles

This truck was purchased new by a William White and driven from Lawrenceville, GA to Spartanburg, SC to Knoxville to Memphis to Chattanooga and back to Atlanta every weeknight Monday through Friday for many years. He had his oil changed every Friday at a Pennzoil facility and Pennzoil purchased this truck for testimonial purposes when he reached 1 million miles. The engine has had absolutely no repairs and currently is at a Shell Oil facility in Houston, TX. The engine has been disassembled and is on display in the bed of the pickup.





James Zoltenko

Nebraska
1998 Truck
782,684 Miles


In June of 2000, ZFI purchased a used Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with 34,848 miles, from Alexander Motors, Inc. in Superior, Ne. The pickup immediately became part of the ZFI delivery fleet as ZFI 4. ZFI 4 has proven to be extremely dependable and has missed very few delivery days over the past 6 years. What makes the story behind the Chevrolet Silverado so incredible is that to date it has logged over 800,000 miles and the engine has never been touched.




STANLEY WILLIAMS

Texas
1988 Truck
867,532 Miles


I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK NEW IN OCT. 1987 FOR MY WIFE. SHE DROVE IT FOR THE FIRST 107000 MILES. I STARTED DRIVING IT IN JAN. 95. I USE IT IN MY MACHINE SALES BUSINESS AND PERSONAL USE . I CHANGED OUT THE ORIGINAL ENGINE AT 676806 MILES. IT STILL HAS THE ORIGINAL REAR END AND MANY OF THE SAME ENGINE PARTS (PS PUMP, CRUISE CONTROL, FI THROTTLE BODY, ECT). I DRIVE MY TRUCK APPROXIMATELY 3000 MILES EVERY 3 WEEKS. (PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT FORD OWNERS.)ADDED NOTE: MY WIFES 94 SILVERADO HAS 231157 MILES




Richard Allen

Texas
1989 Truck
652,409 Miles


I bought this truck from Four Stars in Heneritta, Tx. I also married the Woman I bought this truck from and I still have them both. At first my boss paid me mileage for driving it, than I sold the truck to him, and kept driving it as it was my own. Then they retired it to buy a new one and I got mine back. It has been a great truck, the oil gets changed every 3000 to 3500 miles. I have only used Mobil oil from day one.




Jeana Green

Arkansas
2001 Truck
611,656 Miles


I use my 2001 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 V8 4dr crew cab for hot shots/delivery using the bed only. Even I'm surprised that this truck has lasted so long without rebuilds on the motor or transmission. How long will it go?




Lori Boaz

Colorado
2001 Truck
604,582 Miles

I have been very happy with my truck. Dakota,Troubles and I have driven to all but three states. Played in the Pacific and Atlantic,played in the snow,in several states as well as got to chase a few Deer took strolls with an Armadillo in Okahoma. The back seat is my bed and the road is my home. We have met a lot of good people and seen a lot of Gods Beauty. He travels with us everywhere. I plan on getting a million miles plus out of my truck. Dealers everywhere try to sell me a new one . My answer to them is, She's not dead. I know what I have in her so why would I get something I know nothing about.





WISE CHEVROLET

Ohio
1992 Truck
565,519 Miles


THIS CHEVY TRUCK STORY BEGINS 11-12-91, WHEN WINKLE CHEVY IN PAULDING OHIO ORDERED A CHEVROLET CC10903 FOR STOCK. THE VICTORY RED CHEYENNE WAS SHIPPED FROM GM 12-05-91. A VERY BASIC W/T WITH ONLY 2 OPTIONS, A REAR BUMPER FOR $130, AND A $160 SPARE TIRE,ADDED TO A BASE MSRP OF $10600. DESTINATION CHARGES OH $595 PUSHED THE STICKER PRICE TO $11485. AFTER NEARLY 8 MONTHS ON THE LOT OUR W/T WAS DEALER TRADED TO WISE CHEVROLET IN RANDOLPH OHIO. WITH ONLY 208 MILES ON THE ODOMETER IT BECAME THE "NEW" PARTS TRUCK. FAST FOREWARD 14 YEARS AND COUNTLESS PARTS DELIVERIES, THE"OLD"PARTS TRUCK IS STILL IN SERVICE. NOW SHOWING 565,519 MILES ON THE ODOMETER, NO ONE CAN DISPUTE CHEVROLETS CLAIM OF HAVING THE MOST DEPENDABLE LONGEST LASTING TRUCKS ON THE ROAD. ALTHOUGH THE OHIO RUST STARTING TO EAT THE BODY, THE 4.3 V6 IS STILL GOING AND HAS NEVER BEEN APART. A QUALITY CHEVY TRUCK LIKE THIS IS ONE REASON WISE CHEVROLET HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS SINCE 1923. THANK YOU,TIM LONG,WISE CHEVY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you do one thing about the GM 2007 truck?

Thank,
Becky

Anonymous said...

Sure. I put a post up about it and I hope to put some more post up about the 2007 Silverado next week.